Cathedral ghost

October 03, 2014

There's a huge architecture nerd in me. I think it's also on my about page, but oh boy, how pretty houses and churches tickle my fancy. There are these amazingly beautiful medieval ruins right next to my school building and I just moved to a neighbourhood with one of Tartu's prettiest churches just a few hundred meters from my house. You can imagine the excitement. From this year, I'm taking art history as a minor (still in journalism too), so I get to look at pretty pictures on half of the days too.
I knew that I wanted to shoot this outfit at those ruins. With the long skirt I was kind of like an old ghost wandering there. With the backpack I was a tourist in awe. Maybe a bit overdressed for school, but why should I care? 

Ma olen nii suur arhitektuurinohik, kui üldse olla saab. Olen sellest vist oma "About" lehel ka kirjutanud, aga oh issand, kui väga ilusad majad ja kirikud mind naeratama panevad. Täpselt minu õppehoone kõrval on Tartu toomkiriku varemed ja kolisin just Ülejõele, nii et Peetri kirik on mu majast vaid mõnesaja meetri kaugusel. Sellest aastast võtan kõrvalerialana kunstiajalugu ja saan peaaegu iga päev pilte ilusatest majadest ja piltidest vaadata. (Õpin ikka ajakirjandust edasi ka, kui keegi muret tundis.)
Teadsin kohe, et tahan selle riietusega pildid teha toomkiriku varemetes. Pika seelikuga olen justnagu mingi vana kummitus, kes seal ringi luusib. Seljakott teeb minust hoopis turisti. Võib-olla olin kooli jaoks liiga pidulikult riides, aga keda see õigupoolest huvitama peaks? 


skirt- diy
sweater- cubus (thrifted)
jacket- random
watches- casio, house
earrings- mango (?, thrifted)
backpack- c/o MÄRSS
pictures taken with Nikon 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)