The story of the broken heel

September 19, 2014

I feel that I dress very differently depending on the city I'm at. In Tallinn, I'm all about skirts, dresses, high heels and well, effort. In Tartu it's jeans, my collection of grey Ts and the occasional red lip. 
The other day, though, I felt that I want to change that comfy university routine and wear heels with an otherwise simple look. So I put my favourite shoes on and dashed out the door to catch the bus. While I was walking to the bus-stop and scrolling my Instagram feed, I suddenly felt very out of balance. Turns out that I'd stepped in a small hole in the pavement and broke the heel of my shoes. So I ran back home, changed shoes and was stuck with these old flats for the rest of the day.
On the bright side, I now have a perfectly good opportunity to go shopping for shoes! 

Olen aru saanud, et riietun Tallinnas ja Tartus väga erinevalt. Tallinnas kannan palju rohkem seelikuid, kleite ja kõrgeid kingi ning üleüldse pingutan oma välimusega rohkem. Tartus tugineb minu igapäevane garderoob teksadele, minu hallide särkide kollektsioonile ja mõnikord viitsin huuli ka värvida. 
Ükspäev aga mõtlesin, et võiks oma mugavasse ülikooliriiete rutiini natuke põnevust tuua ja panna tavalise riietuse juurde hoopis kõrged kingad jalga. Libistasingi oma jalad lemmikkingadesse ja kiirustasin bussi peale. Vaatasin parasjagu telefonist Instagrami pilte, kui tundsin end äkitselt väga ebakindlalt. Kõndida oli imelik ja tasakaalu ka nagu väga polnud. Mõistsin, et esimest korda elus olen suutnud kingakontsa ära murda. Jooksin siis koju ja vahetasin katkised kingad nende igavate madalate kingade vastu. 
Kogu loo positiivset poolt vaadates on mul nüüd ideaalne ettekääne šoppama minemiseks!


trousers- c/o oasap.com
flats- blink
jacket- random
t-shirt- thrifted
necklace- thrifted
pictures taken with Nikon 1. 

2 comments :

  1. You look great! And I love your glasses.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, you look great! I'm your newest follower, please check out my blog if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your sweet comments! :)